lundi 28 octobre 2013

Halloween is When We Can be Kids Again

May be I will surprise you, but I do not like Halloween. Trying to be less critical I'd say, I do not like the way Halloween is seen and celebrated here, in the US. Why? Just because it is too much. Too much death and blood, too many living dead zombies, severed heads and legs, monsters, witches. And of course, too much advertising, and commercialization around. Too much is too much. I am a sensitive person and have kids, you know.

Though, Halloween can be a nice family holiday or a great occasion to have fun at a party with your friends. It is actually an ancient holiday with possible pagan or even Christian roots. Well, anyway it is a nice occasion for our kids to hang around dressed-up. And needless to say, adults love it too. We can be kids again and it is priceless.

Here is my Halloween selection: beautiful and fun accessories which do not make us think of decomposition, horrors and death. It is all about fun, beauty and life.


Yarn & Clay bracelet



BOO-tiful Halloween Headband by Joelle Fritz




 Autumn and Halloween scarf by Yarn & Clay




Strapless Halloween Mask by The Midway


Handmade Venetian Masquerade Mask by Trendybowsnbands


Pumpkin Hat by Crochet Mignonne

12 commentaires:

  1. Love everything here! Loved your blog and will come back for sure! I find it very inspirational...

    Oh, I just started following you on GFC by the way! Hope you come by my blog sometime too! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it? We can also follow each other everywhere else;)!

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Twitter link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Very cool post! Thank you for sharing. Also, thank you for your sweet comment and follow. I'm following you back on GFC and google+. I don't see you on GFC. Sometimes it gets stuffed. Do you mind checking again! Thank you dear. Keep in touch.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Nora. Will definitely come back to your blog. Love it. Keep in touch.

      Supprimer
    2. Yes, Nora. I am following you on GFC. No worries. Cheers.

      Supprimer
  3. Amazing blog ; )) great photos. xoxo
    Maybe you wanna follow each other with GFC ? I would love it. Pls let me know <3

    http://pilovin.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi there,
      Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I am following you on GFC now and you can follow me back. Hope to see you back soon.

      Supprimer
  4. Nice choices, bracelet (on the first photo) is my favourite! These photos can be very inspirational :)
    If you'd like to follow each other (gfc/bloglovin), just let me know. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks, Maja. Just visited your blog and became your follower. Please follow me back. See you. Albina.

      Supprimer
  5. Thanks Irfan. Following you now. Please follow me back. Hope to see you soon on my blog. Albina.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Hi Tina,
    I am already following you on GFC. Please follow me back. Cheers.

    RépondreSupprimer