lundi 14 octobre 2013

Copper Charming Chemistry

Copper jewelry brings us back to prehistoric times. It was the first metal discovered by Prehistoric Man between 10,000 and 13,000 years ago.  It is the oldest mined mineral and its discovery and usage allowed ancient civilization to step into the Bronze Age.
Hammered and etched copper jewelry has been fashioned and worn by the Native Americans since Ancient times.
In the third and forth decades of the 20th century the production of modernist jewelry from solid cooper was on its rise.
From as long ago as Ancient Egypt, people have believed that copper jewelry has special qualities that improve or protect the health of the wearer. 
Some people today believe that copper stimulates the mental and psychic flow of energy, relieves stress and improves concentration and communication. We are certainely attracted by copper because of its long history and the beliefs in its healing qualities. But most of us would wear copper jewelry just because it is so beautiful and can make a perfect accompaniment to to our wildest or most sophisticated looks.
Working with copper is a real art. 
Here what local LunaBay artist Courtney Collins said to me about her work with copper:

"I started working with copper because I was able to purchase a large spool of heavy copper wire at a salvage shop.  I generally like to make art out of found or salvaged material - and this provided me with a new starting material. I had the idea of hammering the copper and making it into jewelry.  I love that its different from the traditional silver or gold tone of jewelry and that it can either be polished or have a rougher more industrial look to it. Its been fun to learn how to work with copper and come up with new designs for the jewelry".

 Luna Bay earrings
 Luna Bay necklace
Luna Bay brooch
 
You can find more about Luna Bay: www.lunabayarts.com or at the Luna Bay Facebook page.
You can buy Luna Bay jewelry and art at Ricochet boutique (1610 S El Camino Real, San Mateo 94402)

Here are some other examples of different copper jewelry I found and really liked:


Jade in copper wire pendant by Eva Balli



Goddess pendant by CharmedLifeDesigns



Long Copper Earrings by Dawily


18 commentaires:

  1. Such an original pieces!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Goodmorning dear!
      Wow, I am your first GF follower.
      Thanks for your comment :)

      Supprimer
  2. Beautiful jewellery! And so unique!
    Mrs Vain

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks, Mrs Vain. I follow your blog now, by the way.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Love them!!!
    We follow you with gfc!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Wow thats very impressive! Love those necklaces :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Wow, I´m impressed - she is really an artist, great pieces!

    And thank you for your nice comment on my blog - I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Rena, thank you for visiting my blog. You have 2 more new post since I've visited your blog last time, with your nice classic looks! good job! I am foolowing you on GFC. Please follow back. See you

      Supprimer
  7. Following you my dear!
    http://annluckindarkdays.blogspot.pt/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Ana (Black Rose:-)), thanks for visiting and for being my follow now.

      Supprimer
  8. Love it :) We are following back!
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. i really like them,i think copper is pretty versatile as well and can be worn to many occasions :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. These look amazing and I do love copper jewelry :)
    I'm your follower number 7 and I'd love it if you could visit my blog, perhaps let me know what you think?
    Thanks so much xx

    http://meteobeauty.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Selma (# 7- a happy number?). Thanks, my beautiful meteorologist, for foolwing me. I am foolowing you back. Would be happy to see you back on my blog.

      Supprimer
  11. Hey pretty girl,
    Thanks for commenting. Hope to see you back on my blog. I am following you already. Cheers.

    RépondreSupprimer